The Handmade Marketplace Book Review

Good morning Friends - I wanted to share with you all this wonderful book that I recently found at a little bookstore in Bandon, Oregon on the coast.  It's called The Handmade Marketplace - How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally & Online written by Kari Chapin and published by Storey Publishing 2010.  If you are an artist and looking to start selling your work this is the book to read!  The book covers everything from Etsy, Blogs and Festivals to branding your business and promoting.  She has filled this book with
wonderful tips by fellow artists who have been successful in selling their wares online and at festivals. I found so many wonderful ideas to improve our business that I can hardly keep up with myself. 

I've just passed the book onto my dear friend Felice.  She is my inspiration especially when it comes to Etsy.  I wouldn't have been able to get started without her as she patiently explained each step and was always honest in her opinion of our store.  Please check out Felice and her husband Nick's Etsy store at http://www.nicholasandfelice.etsy.com/ to see their beautiful jewelry and shawl pins.

I wish you all a beautiful and prosperous weekend and don't forget to laugh.
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment